This Apple Turkey Craft is a great Thanksgiving Activity for the young… and old. 🙂
Thanksgiving is in a week! Can you believe it?!
To help us get into the spirit of the season (and keep us occupied before Christmas 🙂 ), I hosted a Thanksgiving Activity for my boys and a few of their friends.
I was introduced to this cute little apple turkey craft two years ago, by my sister in law at our annual Thanksgiving rendezvous. It was such a big hit with all the cousins, I thought it would be fun to make again.
It’s super easy to make and it’s a great way to utilize some of your leftover Halloween candy. 🙂
- small apple (body)
- gumdrops (tail feathers)
- orange slice gumdrops (side wings)
- long tootsie roll (neck)
- candy eyeballs
- twizzler/licorice (snood)
- candy corn (nose)
Apple Turkey Craft Instructions
- Place the toothpicks in the back for the feathers. We did five, but you can do however many you want! Slide the gumdrops down the toothpicks to create the tail feathers.
- For the neck, stick a toothpick a little over half way through (long ways) through the tootsie roll. Bend the tootsie roll down (part not stuck with the toothpick) and press the candy eyeballs a half an inch above the end. Rip off a small thin piece of licorice and have one side even with the eyes and the other side falling down and place it right underneath the eye balls. Then press the candy corn directly underneath the snood.
- For the side feathers, I cut a toothpick in half just so I wouldn’t have to press the toothpick almost all the way through the apple. Stick a toothpick in on both sides of the apple along with an orange slice gummy candy.
- Take a picture of the apple turkey quick before the kids eat it up!
Click here to see where I like to party.